Thursday, July 24, 2008

Stats


Random.

So I felt completely random and bored the other day, so I was looking at the feedjit live traffic thing on my blog and saw that a huge percentage of the visitors to the blog are from the U.S.

And I know for a fact that the majority of the pics on my site are not of U.S. players. That got me thinking (which is usually a dangerous thing).

I went back to my handy-dandy excel spreadsheet and analyzed, the top five nations by the number of players on the site. I converted the number of players into a proportion of total players on the site. I then counted the number of photos that the top five nations (actually six, since Germany and the Czech Republic tied at having the fifth most players) and expressed the number of photos as a proportion to all of the photos. I then added a number for the percentage of visitors by nation at around last Friday afternoon. And voila! You have a very interesting graph.

The top five nations are (in order):

1. Spain
2. France
3. Argentina
4. United States
T5. Germany
T5. Czech Republic
ROTW stands for the rest of the world.

By and large, the rest of the world is proportional in terms of the percentage of visitors to the site as compared with the amount of players and player photos on the site. France would be the next most proportional. The US has the most visitors, but not many players or player photos. No one visited from Argentina, Germany, or the Czech Republic at the time I made the graph.

What does this mean? Well, if I was making updates in order to bring in visitors based on players being a draw to visitors in their nation, that approach would fail for Spain, Argentina, Germany, and the Czech Republic. This blog does seem to have attracted the anglo nations, the US, the UK, and Australia regularly top the list on the feedjit widget. What do you think?

No comments: