Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Update and Wimbledon Live


Hey guys, just wanted to give you a brief (no pun intended) progress report on the flash drive calamity...

I recovered and formatted the code for the main page of the brflines site, so I'm a little bit relieved on that front. My next task will be to recover the pictures, which is the more time consuming and onerous task.

I'm betting a lot of you guys don't know that I run about three parallel systems to keep the site organized, one of which is an exhaustive excel database with the url for every picture I've ever posted on the site, meaning over 1100 urls! I will have to go player by player and go into the code and get the urls back. Hopefully, it's not that many :((((

On another more positive note, I shelled out the twenty or so dollars to watch wimbledon live on my pc. Okay, how is that the best twenty dollars I've spent in a while?!? I was watching the Robredo (heart) vs. Vliegen match this morning and it was brieflines heaven. They both were wearing briefs and it was like the camera man went out of his way to show Tommy Robredo bending over during switch overs and breaks.

The other reason I decided to buy the wimbledon live thing is that they promised archived matches. Hopefully I can download some of them and make some sweet vid clips for you guys. Anyway, that's it for today! Have a nice one!

No comments: